Hunger Free Vermont, formerly the Vermont Campaign to End Childhood Hunger, is an education and advocacy organization with the mission to end the injustice of hunger and malnutrition for all Vermonters. Incorporated in 1993, we are a statewide nonprofit organization dedicated to providing nutrition education and expanding access to nutrition programs that nourish Vermont’s children, families, and communities.
- WE BELIEVE everyone has the right to food to sustain an active and healthy life and that the source of that food is consistent and reliable.
- WE BELIEVE everyone has the right to choose a diet that is nutritious, varied, and culturally appropriate.
- WE BELIEVE everyone has the right to food access through dignified means and traditional channels.
- WE BELIEVE everyone has the right to sufficient knowledge regarding good nutrition and cooking skills, to sustain them throughout their lives.
- WE BELIEVE in social sustainability: access to nutritious, affordable food is built into the fabric of all communities.
- WE BELIEVE children need quality food and nutrition education to reach their full potential.
Read our 2015-2020 Strategic Plan to learn more about our values and vision.
Watch our We Celebrate 20 Years film produced for our 20th Anniversary in 2013: